The Ground Floor of Thornleigh House
The ground floor has 1 bedroom, a sitting room, kitchen/diner and stairs to games room and sauna.
- Imposing Victorian sitting room with original wooden flooring, there is a wood burner for cosy nights in, TV/DVD/Hi-Fi and plenty of seating for all guests. Views of Matlock and surrounding hills with Riber castle in the background.
- Shaker-style large sociable kitchen/diner with large bespoke table to fit all guests, a fridge/freezer, microwave, double oven, hob, dishwasher, washing machine/drier and fully equipped with crockery and utensils as a home away from home.
- Stairs leading down to the cellar comprising games room with sauna to relax in perhaps with a Sunday paper, table football, pool/table tennis table and old fashioned table top skittles. A large selection of board games to entertain the children and adults alike.
- Access to the private courtyard garden with sleeper table and benches, BBQ and enclosed hot tub for 6 guests.
- Ground floor bedroom with ensuite comprising a shower, basin and toilet. This room can be set up as a super king or 2 singles and is suitable for elderly or guests requiring accessible features. Views looking out towards the private courtyard garden.
Find out more about Thornleigh House
What’s the layout like?
Take a look at our floorplans
What can we do during our stay?